FROM WHERE IT BEGAN
We started from humbled beginnings:
- Nia was established in 1997 by a Clarksville couple: Sergeant Major Retired Daniel Stevens and Federal Government Retiree Carol Clardy Stevens. Nia achieved its 501c3 status in 1998.
- MISSION: Provide top-quality Disability Support Services, Affordable Housing, and Employment for civilians and veterans.
- VISION: Continue providing top-quality Disability Healthcare Support Services; Community and Home-Based Personal Assistance; and Affordable Residential Homes.
- Governed by an Executive Advisory Board of committed professionals.
- Contracted by the Department of Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities and receives fees for 24/7 services via Federal Medicaid Waiver funds.
- Provided disability supports and housing for over 50 families since 1999.
- Received several Provider Agency Annual FOUR-STAR RATING.
- Recognized as Clarksville’s Top Twenty Employers.
- Certified Community Housing Development Organization (CHDO) by creating affordable housing via grants and company investments.
- Facilitated homeownership through several Housing And, provides Transitional housing for the homeless.
- A Fort Campbell Housing Partner, providing Active Duty off-post housing.
- Initiated Clarksville’s first “Green” housing; building an Energy Star model, steel, and Insulated Foam Structure (IFS) materials.
- Offers internships to Clarksville and Hopkinsville college students
- Awarded grants from Housing Urban Development, Federal Home Loan Bank, City of Clarksville. The result is three family homeownership, six ADA housing units, and eight Transitional housing units.
- Memberships: Chamber of Commerce; Center for Non-Profit Management; Exceptional Family Member Program; HOPE; Special Olympics, Better Business Bureau; Civitan International; Homeless Coalition.
- Nia Officials are delighted to begin providing disability support for Veterans who require assistance temporarily or permanently, as needed.